In the year 2019-2020, the West Bengal govt launched a scheme targeting the minority communities in the state. The scheme is known as the Oikosri scheme in which underprivileged children will get the opportunity to gain financial aid for their education. It is a scheme that is going to help these children to advance in their lives with good quality education. The Oikosri scholarship has been initiated to transform the education level in the underprivileged children in the minority groups which is going to take them forward.
The scheme is based on a certain criterion that the beneficiaries will have to fulfil so that they can get the full benefit of the scheme. The children can be from any of the minority communities and they will get a chance to financially aid their education up to the Ph.D. level. it is a great initiative that is directed to bring better opportunities for these young children. The Oikosri will help them in accomplishing it.
The Scheme & Its Benefits
The scheme is directed to enhance the conditions of minority communities. It is going to ensure the best returns for the people as they will gain a good education.
– The scheme criteria are very simple. If you are a citizen of West Bengal, then only you will have the opportunity to avail the scheme. Without that, you are not going to be considered at all.
– Once you are done with that, you will have to belong to any of the minority communities with an annual household income of less than Rs. 2 Lakhs. It is a criterion to ensure only the underprivileged can avail of the benefits of the scheme.
– You have to either be from the OBC or the SC/ST community to available the scheme. It is going to be the best thing for the upliftment of these communities. The Aikyashree scheme is going to take them to the next level.
– Once all of that is taken care of, the performance of the students is also going to be judged. They will have to maintain a good score throughout if they want to avail the scheme for higher levels as well. It is going to be the best investment of the govt.
Required Documents for Aikyashree(oikosri) Scholarship
If you are interested in Aikyashree scholarship, you must ensure that you have all the required documents available. The mentioned below are required for the complete process of Oikosri scholarship along with the Aikyashree(oikosri) application form:
- Last exam’s mark sheet
- Income certificate
- Certificate of the minority community
- Aadhar Card
- Passport size photo
- Current year fee receipt
- Residential certificate
- Bank details
- Mobile number
According to the official website of West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation, the last date to apply for the Aikyshree(oikosri) scholarship is 31 December 2022.
Once all the criterion is taken care of, the students will get to have financial aid for their education. It is a great way to uplift marginalized communities as it is going to help them in ensuring a good future. They have not been able to get the best opportunities due to financial constraints and this is going to help them in solving that problem. It is going to be the most crucial thing in their lives for better upliftment.